Friday, July 11, 2008

Washington Area Humane Society

My children and I have been volunteering at our local animal shelter and have been falling in love with all of the terrific animals that can be found there. On Thursdays we go into Pet Smart and care for the cats that have been placed there in hopes of finding forever homes. Alyza and Garrett take turns getting the cats out of their cages and socializing them. The cats really like being taken to the bird cages and stretching their legs.
This beautiful cat is named Dusk. She is a diluted calico and enjoyed hamming it up for the camera. The photos I have been taking are being used on the web and in promotional materials for the shelter.
It really is true that the more love you give away, the more you receive.

All of the photos I have taken can be seen here:
http://cr8ingwaves.smugmug.com/










Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

monica.coffman said...

What a great thing to do...my daughter would love that. I think we'll investigate that one for next summer or once school gets underway.